ABOUT THE STUDY CENTER
The Elmbrook Christian Study Center, an extension site of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois, began in 1981 with a vision of bringing a serious level of Christian study to the local community of believers. Courses are offered for believers who desire to enhance their knowledge of the Bible and its application to life. The person who desires to move into vocational ministry may also begin or complete their theological education at the Elmbrook Christian Study Center.
Students may also complete a Masters of Arts in Christian Studies, a Certificate in Biblical Studies, or a non-credit Elmbrook Diploma in Biblical Studies.
- Credit students may enter as a “Visiting Student”, allowing the student to accumulate credit without declaring a degree
- Fees are a fraction of the normal college or graduate school tuition
- Courses meet one night per week along with occasional weekend course offerings
- All instructors at the Study Center are either on-campus faculty or approved, adjunct faculty
- Not transfer credit, but direct college and seminary credit available through Trinity International University
- An evangelical perspective is brought to the classroom from the study of the Scriptures and practical Christian doctrine that can then be applied to the home, workplace, or in a ministry setting
- Payment may be made using Visa or Mastercard online or you may send a check made out to “Elmbrook Christian Study Center.” If you pay by check, registration is not complete until printed registration form and payment is received. Online form must accompany your payment.
- Full payment is due at registration. A $40 late fee applies, increasing to $50 the first day of class, but registration is open until class begins.
- No registrations will be accepted after the first week of class.
- The Study Center reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment.
- All students will need to complete final registration on or before the first night of class. Please arrive early to allow enough time to complete this process.
Change of Status / Cancellation
- Partial refunds are available if registration is changed before the second class.
- No refunds are available after the second class.
- Registration status (ie. audit to credit status, or Study Center Diploma to Credit) may be changed during the first two weeks of class by contacting the Registrar. A $25 service charge will be assessed.
- You may withdraw from a course without failure during the first half of the course by contacting the Registrar.
- Students may withdraw without a charge before the first night of class. After the first night of class up to the 2nd night of class, students may withdraw and receive a refund minus a $40 registration charge. After the second week of classes, students may withdraw, however there will be no refund.